VALUE STREAM MAPPING – FACTORY AND OFFICE APPLICATIONS
This webinar is designed for managers and supervisors interested in making improvements within any administrative process – e.g., managers and supervisors in engineering, manufacturing engineering, purchasing, production, logistics, shipping/receiving, maintenance, quality and accounting.
Many have done lean value stream maps in production situations. Production areas may be as lean as they can get, but are the administrative areas lean as well? How does value stream mapping, a major tool for doing lean in production, differ when applied to administrative areas (office work)? There are basic concepts that work in any value stream map, and there are key differences in administrative areas. Being able to successfully apply value stream mapping in administrative areas requires an understanding of those key differences.
Value stream maps for production areas will be covered lightly, as a refresher, and the changes needed to use the lean technique in administrative areas will be presented.
Registrants will be asked to complete an optional post-webinar exercise and send it to the instructor. One week later, there will be a follow-up session to share, review and critique the results of the exercise. The exercises shared with the instructor will provide valuable practical guidance in the application of the webinar topics.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Know the key steps to value stream mapping efforts;
- Differentiate between value-added and non-value-added tasks and activities;
- Understand how office value stream maps are different than factory production maps;
- Apply an understandable system of waste categories in an office environment;
- Learn practical value stream mapping techniques for a project of their own.
- Flow and product / service families
- Mapping process overview
- Office environment translations
- 7 guidelines
- The current state to future state
- Key questions for future state design
- Waste categories in an office
- Data gathering in an office
- Implementation exercise assignment (results are reviewed in the next session)
- Some of the webinar presentation material; (The complete webinar material, PPT slides and presenter’s notes, may be licensed separately following the webinar.)
- A Certificate of Completion with 0.3 of a Continuing Education Unit.