COST EFFECTIVE REQUIREMENTS FOR PROCUREMENT OF DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION SERVICES – 1 DAY
Why This Seminar?
Enterprises procuring design and construction services run the risk of unnecessarily spending tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions of dollars for the initial and follow-on procurements. This seminar is aimed at helping the enterprise avoid such unnecessary expenditures.
This seminar is designed for anyone who specifies or reviews the specifications for the procurement of design and construction services and their managers – e.g., personnel in the following functions: engineering, manufacturing engineering, maintenance, operations, quality, safety, environmental affairs and procurement, among others.
The focus in this seminar is on contractual clauses that are applicable to highly technical and complex facilities such as nuclear powered electricity generating facilities, U.S. Department Of Energy research laboratories, oil and gas facilities, ports, military facilities, large manufacturing facilities, and the like.
Upon completion of this seminar, one will understand:
- Why and how to apply dozens of contractual clauses for cost avoidance and quality assurance;
- Why and how to apply Commercial Grade Dedication processes for design and construction services also for cost avoidance and quality assurance.
- Procurement objectives
- Types of procurements
- Two dozen contractual clauses for cost avoidance and quality assurance
–– Technical and cost benefits of each clause
–– Specific language of each clause
–– Examples of dollar losses and quality problems attributable to the failure to apply these clauses
- Commercial Grade Dedication processes for design and construction services
–– Technical and cost benefit
–– Process specifics for each type of dedication
–– Failure Mode & Effects Analysis as a major element of the dedication process
- Copy of the PowerPoint slides used in the presentation;
- Certificate of Completion showing 7 ½ education hours, with 0.75 Continuing Education Units that may be used toward university course credits or professional re-certifications, signed by Ben Marguglio.